Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

We'll last weekend we went to a Halloween Party. There was a prize for the best costume. And of course we wanted to win. Well we did. We dressed as "Cholitos", which means we dressed how the mountain people dress when they are going a party. Luis' mom brought her an outfit from Peru, the last time she came back. And she looks so dang cute. I didn't have an outfit for Suri, so we dressed her in knitted sweater and pants out fit that we got from Peru as well. I got a black wig for my head and made the skirt I'm wearing. I also sewed some rick-rack to the bottom of Luis' slacks. Anyways, when we got to the party, Q'Orianka ended going in first. We could here everyone ooooohing and ahhhing over her. Next I went in, I was carrying Suri on my back in the traditional manner. But what won us the prize, I came in carrying the Peruvian flag. Everyone loved it, it was a slap in the face they said. We all got a great laugh about it. We had people taking our picture all night. The following pictures are from that night. Oh, if your wondering why I looking like I'm wearing a lot of blush. I'm trying to look sunburnt.




No comments: