Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day

 

Merry Christmas!! 
 
We had a wonderfully relaxing day!! We invited some friends over for Breakfast, since they don't have any family in the area.  So I went all out and made a real American Breakfast.  Pancakes, bacon, sausage, friend potatoes, peaches, O.J., and  hot chocolate. Luis added steak and our friends brought Punche, which is a Mexican drink similar to Wassel.  It was delicious!!  After we sat down to eat I realized I forgot the eggs.  But by then, nobody wanted any since we were getting really really full.  After breakfast we visited for a while, once we left we all took a nice long nap. Which was perfect,  because by the time we'd eaten, cleaned up and visited it was almost 2:00 P.M. 
 
For Dinner, Mama Nina made Seco con Frioles and rice.  It was the ending to a perfect day.  Seco takes a couple of hours to cook, but Prep wise, it was easy, which is what I wanted.  Here is a picture of what what we ate.  I didn't take the picture.  Nevertheless it was delicious!!  I'll post the recipe another day.
 
Here are a few pictures of the girls opening their presents.
 
Suri with her new floor puzzle.  Obviously you can tell she was pulling a Suri face.  Not wanting to smile, probably becaused I asked her too!  Silly girl!!
 

Kiyari and her new xylaphone.   Pulling a typical "cheese" face.

Suri and Q'Orianka with their new Lalaloopsy dolls.


 Kiyari  with her new book and Suri with her new nightgown for her doll.

 Suri gave Q'Orianka her first cross stitch kit.  I'm really excited to teach her to cross stitch.  I'm pretty sure, I was about her age when Aunt Sue bought me my first cross stitch kit.  Suri's nickname is Lady Bug, so she got a Ladybug Girl Book.  We love the the Ladybug Girl Books!!

 Q'Orianka and her new doll nightgown and I her dolls fur coat and hat.  I found it on Craigs List for a steal.  And her doll looks so cute in it.
 Kiyari is oooing  and ahhing over a new jumper she got!!  It was adorable. Suri got 2 new skirts. I could barely get her to keep her in her pants. 

No comments: