Happy Day after Christmas, I hope everyone had a wonderful Day!!
So I have been hard at work sewing for the girl's Christmas presents. And I thought I'd show off what I've been sewing. Both girls got a Madam Alexander doll, which I found on ebay for an AMAZING price. Q'Orianka got an 18" Latina doll. And Suri a 19" doll with creamy skin and brown hair. Lucky for me the clothes I made fit both dolls. Although the clothes are a bit tight for Suri's doll, they still work.
Q'Orianka and I have been reading the American Girl Kirsten Books so I thought I'd make this nightgown and the Apron Dress. Since Suri's doll came naked I ended up giving the Apron Dress to her. Q'Orianka asked me to make her a dress just like it so I'll probably be working on that this next week. I'm not by any means a great seamstress, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy both the nightgown and the dress were to make. And what's even better I only had to buy the fabric for the apron. :-)
Here's a picture of the Apron Dress without the Apron, isn't it cute!! And Q'Orianka nightgown. I made a few modifications just to make it different. And it made it even easier to make.
I made this top today along with the skirt below. They were on cuff that came from a pair of Q'Orianka's pants that had worn out at the knees and zipper area. And thanks to pinterest, I decided to turn them into a skirt and top. I think they turned out pretty cute. I made the skirt while talking to Amber on the phone. Not bad for multi tasking. The shirt took a little more work since I'm not used to "winging it" and I was trying to make the top fit with out cutting into the back. The strap attaches in the back with velcro at a V and then connects to the shirt with a piece of velcro and I added elastic to the back to make it fit better.
For the skirt I added a waist band and then elastic inside to gather it. Quick and easy.
Here's a close up of the embroidery design on both the skirt and the top.
No comments:
Post a Comment